At Kosmosdale Baptist Church, I just completed a major section in the Sermon on the Mount on Sunday mornings. In Matthew 5:21-48 Jesus addresses six subjects as a way of expounding his claim that his disciples must have a “righteousness” that “exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees” (5:20). Clicking the highlighted portion will take you to the sermon’s audio.
(1) Matthew 5:21-26: “The Danger of Anger: Why You Might Have the Heart of a Murderer”
(2) Matthew 5:27-30: “Better to Lose an Eye or Hand: Why You Must Fight Against Lust or Go to Hell”
(3) Matthew 5:31-32: “Let None Tear Asunder: Rethinking the Practice of Easy Divorce and Remarriage”
(4) Matthew 5:33-37: “Simply Yes or No: The Pursuit of Being a Trustworthy Disciple”
(5) Matthew 5:38-42: “Shock Value: The Disciple’s Unexpected Responses to Evildoers”
(6) Matthew 5:43-48: “That You May Be Sons of God: Love Your Enemies and Pray for Your Persecutors”