In this post, Clint Arnold gives 7 reasons to support the exposition of Scripture from the pulpit. He explains each point with a few sentences, but here are the 7 in outline form:
(1) It is the best way to feed the sheep a balanced diet.
(2) It enables you to treat hard topics without being second-guessed.
(3) It helps to insure that you preach the Scripture and not yourself.
(4) It doesn’t have to be boring and lacking in relevance.
(5) Expository preaching is and should be application oriented.
(6) Expository preaching models how to read Scripture in context.
(7) There is a long history of this kind of preaching in the church–with great impact!