That may sound like a strange request, but it is thoroughly biblical.
When we pray for God’s discipline, we are saying:
(1) God, treat me as a legitimate son or daughter of yours (Heb 12:8)
(2) Your rebukes and chastisements are wiser than those of even the best earthly father (Heb 12:9)
(3) Work in my life what is good for me (Heb 12:10)
(4) God, I want to live in holiness (Heb 12:10)
(5) I want my life to produce a harvest of righteousness and peace (12:11)
Take a moment and pray that God (as a loving, wise, perfect heavenly Father) would never cease to discipline you as His child, if you are His child. God’s firm but loving discipline is for His children, but His righteous judgment is for anyone who is not a true follower of Christ. God, use your rod of discipline in our lives to confirm whether we are your true children!